Thursday, October 4, 2012

Home

I snapped this picture in July 2012, and I still remember lamenting how pictures - regardless of how nice they may seem - never will do justice to the actual beauty of the scenery. What you do not feel with this picture is the breeze blowing in your face, what you cannot hear is the rustling of the grass & the dance they perform as they sway. But if anything, looking at this picture serves as a reminder of this beauty, & the feelings invoked are strong. Remindful of how much home truly means.



Where I stood - admiring this view of a calm fish pond, nestled between fruit farms & the gorgeous limestone hills - I felt my breadth taken away. I didn't want to leave - I watched the sun set entirely, I took some pictures, none I felt were good enough to justify the moment I was in. However I know I am fortunate to bear witness to such rare beauty - that much I'm grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment